2022-2023 WCL Catalog 
    Jul 21, 2024  
2022-2023 WCL Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]


Student Registration

The registration system, Student Planning, is found on the student’s portal under Eagle Service.

Students should plan their courses as sections become available for each semester/term before registration begins. Furthermore, students should seek the appropriate approval from their academic advisors when planning their programs to ensure a successful course plan. Students must initially register or be on a waitlist for the courses in which they wish to enroll prior to the beginning of each semester/term or they will incur a late registration fee.

Registration information is sent to a student’s AU e-mails. Currently-enrolled students should monitor and confirm all transactions made within Eagle Service. It is also advisable to keep copies of all tests and papers submitted in fulfillment of course work. Registration for continuing students occurs in the fall for spring classes, and in the spring for summer and fall classes. The Office of the Registrar maintains registration related information on its website.

Note: International students in F-1 or J-1 student status are not eligible to enroll as nondegree students. International students in F-1 or J-1 student status should refer to specific instructions for international students.

Special Registrations

Alumni Audit Registration

Alumni who have earned a JD, LL.M, or SJD from WCL and who are in good financial standing with the University may enroll in one course each fall, spring, and summer term as alumni auditors. For current program status, please visit, https://www.wcl.american.edu/academics/academicservices/registrar/alumni-graduates/alumni-continuing-education/.

Visiting and Non-Degree Student Registration

WCL offers a limited number of visiting and non-degree students to enroll each semester in select courses. In order to be eligible, applicants must be one of the following:

1. Be a current law student in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school, or

2. Be a graduate of an ABA accredited law school, or

3. A member of a bar association

Current students at other ABA accredited law schools who plan to enroll in a full course of study for one or more semester should apply through the Office of JD Admissions at https://www.wcl.american.edu/school/admissions/jd/apply/transfer-visiting-students/. Students who plan to enroll in less than a full course of study, summer only visiting students, ABA accredited law school graduates and/or members of a bar association should apply through the Office of the Registrar https://www.wcl.american.edu/registrar/forms/index.cfm?action=visiting_student.application_form